It’s 2.37pm and I’m working, with my mind somewhere else…
Felt a lot better today. Better but still no good. Broke my cup 15 minutes after I came into the office. Don’t really know how I did that. And then subsequently, almost broke my water bottle too… I guess it must have been the exhaustion, plus the achings and pains all over my body, thus the cause of the lack of concentration.
I’m trying to focus on the positive. The negative aura is way too much and every single thought of that messy house of mine, and the dirty and not-so-useful things that my MIL wants to keep will send my blood pressure up. I can’t afford that now. The doctor had advised me to rest and I knew I need to rest too, for my body and baby is giving me all the warning signs.
I knew my attitude was bad late last night, when I talked to my MIL. But I didn’t have that energy anymore to talk nicely to her especially when her voice is loud (yelling from my perspective) to begin with. And the newly appointed CEO (the self appointed lil’ hub of mine) proves to be useless again and again.
9 out of 10 things, she will want to keep, if we ask her. What do you want me to say? A dig in her toolbox, and we found an extremely big rusty nail – 30cm long, which we were wondering what she kept it for. After going through all those gadgets, which I threw away 1/3 of it, it’s time to put in a new box… The following is a clip of what happened, with my lil’ hub trying hard not to giggle away:
MIL: (Take note that her voice is always relatively loud) Huh?! You all want to throw all these away?!! It’s all so useful!
Me: Mother, not all, but some of it. (Still my usual low volume)
MIL: Okay, this one I want. This one is new one. This one different sizes one. This one I also want, cannot throw.
Me: This one too rusty. This is the same. All these not useful, and very cheap. If needed then I go get new one.
MIL: You so free can just go and get ah?!
Me: Yes, I very FREE one, and I always PASS by the shop one (The volume had doubled by now)
MIL kept quiet.
Me: Okay, throw the box away. *Took a new box*
MIL: Huh?!! The box so big? My tools also not so many. *Starts to giggle*
Me: It’s okay, maybe next time got other things to put inside.
MIL: I got another box, can put there.
Me: It’s okay, can use this one *Starts throwing in the tools*
MIL: Why cannot use the one I have? It’s SMALLER and just FITS?!
Me: (Extremely pissed by now after the above, and I AM yelling) Because I like my box or container to be ALL the same pattern. I’ll go get a SMALLER one next time but I’ll tentatively put it here. *Threw everything inside and pass to lil’ hub* Put it under the sink in the kitchen. *Starts packing on other things*
MIL shuts her mouth up.
That ends the whole episode yesterday and shortly after, she left at about 11.30pm. Goodness…!
But not all was bad. The thought of the baby and the sight of that little blue romper with a little cardigan that I bought for her, will just bring a smile onto my face. I’m really glad she’s with me… and yes, my parents did help a lot too! And I’m really glad I have such parents. Managed to settle a lot of things last weekend and with their help today, I brought down my TO-DOs to only 41 items! I know it will definitely increase after that but I just need a breather – one where I could just breathe without fearing that something else will go wrong…
- Update this blog – 71 more articles to update and publish
- Check out information on cordblood
- Go for dental checkup – normal
- Set up the network at home
- Buy NAS
- Buy harddisk
- Check out price of Starhub TV
- Read up and register the points for 20 modules for PMP – 5 read and registered
- Read up and register the points for the seminar for PMP
- Start working on the writing course
- Create Midd and friends
- Create cranky fashion website
- Start baking/cooking fortnightly
- Read up and practise on face reading
- Plan for Europe tour (honeymoon!)
- Update picture blog
- Create video for CNY2012
- Find 2 photos for keychain
- Change battery for the 2 watches
- List down the chinese characters – yin & yang
- Buy media player for sis
- Join Primary School alumni
- Calculate my cashflow for March
- Finish knitting the scarf
- Inform M1 Photoprint on the quality of 12 photos
- Pack the bookshelves and storeroom
- Check out cloth diaper pants in Gmarket
- Photocopy confinement recipe book (2 sets)
- Confirm on delivery of baby playpen and stroller on Friday – pass receipt to mum
- Update and sign leave card
- Claim dental and medical fees
- Fax report to Ah Girl
- Bring a cup to office
- Wait for M1 Photoprint to contact me
- Buy container for screws
- Buy container for medicine in fridge
- Check out format played by Samsung TV – read manual
- Investigate on the errors caused by the “Restore”
- Review the current IT Application Procedures (SDLC)
- Touch up on the orientation slides for IT staffs
- Create FAQ documents for Clarity – Process and Procedures
- Audit for BTR and provide findings
- Assess the suitability of Sharepoint for Project/Incident Management
- Document SOP for PMO routine tasks (for backup)
- Re-create the approver for the workflow of projects
- Read up on sharepoint
- Ensure that the Dev server got backup and kept for 2 years from now
- Refresh Dev with the Prod data
- Send email to all project managers on project updates and documents required
- Create requirements and solutioning document for all reports – daily, weekly, S5
- Track RICE projects
- Quarterly report for individual
- Review the current procedures for S5 to Project Conversion
- Link release no. and target dates
- Clean up project data
- Retrieve “Subqueue” field for weekly report